Isaac is generally a bottomless pit. A recent development is to eat two bites and claim to be done with dinner. Here’s a recap from tonight.
1. “I think I’d just like to leave my broccoli here.”
2. “My belly is full.” (Me: Then tell your belly that your mom says it isn’t.) “Bellies can’t talk, mom.”
3. “There is applesauce on this chicken. I don’t want it.” (Me: You have two chicken bites. You can handle it.) *Proceeds to wipe chicken off on napkin. And leave it there.*
4. (After I went into the adjoining living room to decrease distraction level): “Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom.”
5. Take off sock dramatically and stretch over head.
6. Walk halfway down basement steps and cry.
7. “Mom. I’m done.” (Me: It is all gone?) *Silence.*
I won the battle. As if there was any doubt. I work all day with ill parented 6 year olds. I can do this aaaaaaaaall day kiddo. Yo momma is a battle of wills professional. Sorry. (Not sorry.)